Sunday, June 2, 2013

Celebration!


3,000 Pageviews


Woo! Yeah!

I wanted to snag a screen shot right at 3000 but I was too late. 3005 it is.

Dad told me to celebrate this milestone. In response, I expressed some apprehension. Come on Dad, 3000 is a big number for me but what does is really mean? And anyway, there are blogs that probably get 3000 views on a single post. It's taken my all time history to rack up those digits!

Anyway, I'm not writing for views. I'm writing for the sake of my health. So, there, Dad. Why must I celebrate? 

He kept at me, prompting me with the idea for a screen shot and a blog post. 

As if to reiterate my own misgivings, a couple bloggers I follow happened to post Facebook statuses mentioning things like "This post got 60,000 views so here's a collection of my most popular..." 

Rather than celebrate for my fellow bloggers, I immediately began comparing myself. Almost as immediately, I thought: Crap. I'm missing the point. 

So here it is. A celebration of those who've clicked on my blog, those who've stuck around to read, and particularly those who comment and/or share. I even used colorful font up at the top, there. 

I need to write because it is my art. I enjoy writing about my relationship with Dad because it helps me digest. That a single person feels compelled to read blows my mind. Thanks friends! You're awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Only one for Hush, Listen, Obey? Could be me... :-D Very good lesson, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha thanks! The screenshot only shows post page views for the past day. All time, that one has just under 40 views. I appreciate you Lutherlesser. For Real!

    ReplyDelete