Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Between the Coaster and the Open Window


In the same vein as “Hearing Business,” theres a steady stream of topics Dad has impressed upon me this week. After hearing them all hit on in a podcast I listened to from Bethel, I felt an urgency to share. 

To be real, I don't feel like writing this. I also had an exiting experience today that I’m eager to share. This stream of prophetic words, however, needs to come first. It's a little tough to write, because I'm receiving from so many sources. And because I'm writing out of obedience, not zest and zeal (lol). 

"You were created for adventure - it's coming."
To simplify the variety of words and sources of confirmation, it seems like a good idea to first send you to "Today is the Day." This is a message given by Eric Johnson of Bethel. Below, I'll list off topics and various links to go to if you feel led, related to prophetic words Eric is speaking. To expedite the process, I'll also give you specific times to skip to in the podcast, or to listen for if you want to hear the whole thing. 

"New Roller Coaster Ride" (28:05 in podcast)
  • On August 20th, I wrote "Roller Coaster Dream" about a dream God gave me. This post, along with the next, I am considering the "Part 2" I suggested would be upcoming. 
  • A friend who goes by Lutherleser commented on the post that he'd also had a roller coaster dream. We talked about it more in depth over Facebook. The term "Storm the Gates" stuck out to me. 

"Stepping into greater revelation of Jesus." (12:15) and "Into the Unknown" (22:00) 
  • A friend many of you probably know, Praying Medic, is writing a series of stories, Borgen - A Demon's Tale, to help equip and teach on the spirit realm. In Part 6, "The Blue Eyed Man," the main character meets Jesus. In the comments below, Praying Medic says "By the way, I have absolutely NO idea where the blue eyed man is going or what will happen next in the story."
             I thought that was pretty excellent. "Headed into the unknown. Whoop! I must say, I have never been so captivated 
             by another person's illustration of Jesus. I feel so refreshingly drawn to him, like I woke up excited as Christmas to 
             be closer to him today. Thanks, I haven't been so excited about anything in a while."

          (Borgen - A Demon's Tale parts 1 through 7 can be found here.)
  • "Engaging Mount Zion,"  a message from The Company of Burning Hearts given July 15th, is relevant here. I won't pinpoint specific times to jump to, but if you have time give it a listen. It's compliments "Today is the Day" nicely. 
"Find out where the wind is blowing..." (19:20 through 21:45)
  • Beneath the link to "Hearing Business" I shared on Facebook, I had a brief conversation:                                Praying Medic: "So Kaylani - I'm definitely hearing a lot more about finances that I ever have before and it's coming form a lot of different places, just as you found to be true. As offensive as it is to a lot of people in the IC, I think Dad wants to establish an alternative way of funding the stuff we do. Breaking away from the traditional models and creating a kingdom method this is radically different than what's been done in the past.
             Kaylani Lee Steele: "Uh yeeeaahhh! In conjuntion I'm hearing "storm the gates" and "end of the age" from lots of
             direction, along with Amos 3:7. I think you're right, and we are going ot have a lot of say in what the new methods
             look like. 

            Luther Leser: "Storm the gates with weapons of joy or like I suggested? I've heard that yours and mine needn't be 
            opposed..."

            Kaylani Lee Steele: "Have you watched the movie Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind?... I think Nausicaa's tactics
            are an amazing illustration of our ideas working in harmony."
  • Praying Medic wrote a blog post called "Raising The Dead," to which I refer in my comment to him.
  • Luther Leser watched Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and shared the following notes with me:
It goes this way: when confronted with (X) --> she reacts with (z)
outrage --> light and whistling
fear --> endurance and love
killing --> saving and leading back
too much power/enemies --> being quiet/withdrawal
being shot at --> no fear of dying
imminent death --> threatening it with a weapon
And it's said about her that she can read the wind (insert Holy Spirit) like a book. 

------------------------------------

The main reason I shared the above list was an effort to further demonstrate my listening process. I tend to pin point a few key phrase or words, and Dad elaborates on them through other people. I'm going to make an effort to sum all this up, because it was vital in preparing me for the day I've had and am so excited to share. 

I receive my identity from Jesus. The more intimately I know him, the more intimately I know myself. The more intimately I know Jesus and myself, the more trust I have to step into the unknown; to step up, belt in, and let the ride role.

As the Church, we are beginning to recognize that the hunger we've carried for so long isn't a hunger for healing, revolution, miracles, or glory. It's a hunger for Jesus. The healing, revolution, miracles, glory, and more are by-products of our relationship with our King. They're awesome, but they can't satiate our hunger like he can. 

We're headed into the unknown. If you're feeling bored or stagnant, know that there's a wild ride ahead. You were created for adventure - it's coming. Take this time to allow yourself to find the Wind and hear her whispers. The weapons we wielded in line won't do us any good once we step onto the ride. We are a generation of prophets, hearing Holy Spirit and speaking her words into action. We are a generation of healers, releasing new identity and new destiny with each gust of new wind. We are a generation of adventurers, engaging alternate realities and unafraid of the unknown. We are a generation walking in the fulness of our identities, in intimate relationship with Jesus, unlike any before us.


(*Note: sorry about the formatting issues. They're driving me nuts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment