Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fleshbook Weekly

I've had a startling and liberating realization recently: Facebook is the closest thing to organized church that I regularly "attend." For this reason, I've decided that I will share an insight my Facebook friends have led me to each week. The series shall be titled "Fleshbook Weekly." (If "Fleshbook" makes you say huh? here is something sort of like an answer.)

I participate in enough spirit-filled groups and follow the updates of enough spirit-filled folks, that any time I need an easy drink of milk, I can log in and find someone whose got one poured and chilling for me. Yesterday, a post in The Spirit World*, a group that consistently and intensively discusses off-the-wall topics like translocation and levitation, provided a link to the podcast below. 



Talk about milk. Ian Clayton, speaking from the Courts and Government Conference 2012 in Wales, hit on just about every key word Papa has spoken to me about in the past month. Divine rest, and praying into violent, threatening weather systems, have been on my mind a lot. "Rest means total tranquility in the midst of chaos," Clayton says."...Jesus had dominion over weather because he was functioning out of rest." He connects the two concepts as though they were never separate.

 "Everything must come out of rest. If it's done out of striving, and out of the work of your hands, then it will fall. Because what you do is finite. What He does is infinite." Bam. Fresh perspective, new insight, writing material, and a completely refreshed and rested mind. And I got it all while practicing yoga in my room.


A couple days ago I flipped open my Bible to Revelation 22:1, "Then the angel showed me a river with the water of life, clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb." Something in this verse pulled at me. I recalled at once dozens of dreams I've had that focused on rivers, floods, and underwater cities.

That was as far as my epiphany went.

But then I got on Fleshbook for a glass of milk. And heard Clayton say, "[Your spirit man] sits on the throne that's in your belly... and out of the throne flows the river." Right there, my epiphany started to expand again. I remembered reading Revelation 22:1, and picturing God floating around in the clouds on a throne, a river streaming from Him and spilling the great distance from the sky to the top of my head.

 "The river of God flows out through you to touch the world. Why? Because it's coming from you. Not into you." And there it was. A vital difference in understanding of written Word, re-examined, unravelled, demystified. (Ok, out of context "demystified" might not seem accurate. I highly encourage not leaving your understanding of Clayton's message in the hands of my paraphrases.)

Wait, we're not done. "Rest releases the river of God through you to everything around you." And there, two epiphanies tie together in a sparkly bow. This isn't to say the epiphanies are done expanding; much like the fabric of the universe, revelation from God is ever-expanding.

Speaking of revelation and universe, "Quantum physically, you are 99.9% empty space... But you're not a created light being, you're a creative light being," mentions Clayton. I don't remember how he got on this side-note, but the words empty space rang in my belly. Earlier in the day, I listened to a podcast from radio-lab called "Space," rebroadcasted from several years ago in honor of the 35th anniversary of the launch of Voyager 2.

You can listen to "Space" below. And Let the epiphanies flow.



No comments:

Post a Comment