Wednesday, January 23, 2013

And Now, Time

For something I haven't done yet. 

I wrote some free verses while sitting between two awkwardly contrasting experiences. The first: A most enjoyable, religion free corporate worship expression. The second: A sermon I'm going to pretend I didn't hear.

It occurred to me after re-reading, (I'd forgotten I wrote this until now), that many of my thoughts in Oh hell.  sprouted in these verses. To be honest, sin and Hell are the least interesting, least relevant conversation topics I can think of. Particularly for free people. That said, there's something about the conversation that I can't put my finger on; something relevant that's being pointed at but missed. 

In an effort to explore the missing relevance, I share the following poem. Have at it. 


Fig Tree

The fig tree in nature wraps itself around rotting trees or boulders and creates a new ecosystem.
“We begin rotting the moment we leave childhood behind. These bodies are temporary after all. Would it be so terrible a fate to transcend the decay of the flesh, to be recreated as a new ecosystem for generations of life to thrive from?” 
-The Healer 

To talk about writing 
            Is not writing.
The sign to Yelm
Fig tree overtaking a boulder.
(click for source)
        Is not Yelm. 
Mistake not sign for signified.
Moon cannot shine without 
Sun’s light to reflect, yet
In daylight, Sun-shining Moon
                   Must rest
     Lest Moon 
    Eclipses Sun and 
Day turns to noon-night.

Return to Caesar what’s his
For I live not on bread, but on the every word of God. 
                                                                                Agape. 
Prosperity, health, joy and peace. 
Agape, the nectar of the dinner words that keep me alive. 
I seek the Sun’s face. 
Keep seeking until His gravity pulls me faster
                                                                   Faster in and 
                            Sun joins Moon, sharing the earth’s eye,
                            Drawing the tides together.  
                                 Call and response. 
                                                                         I’m burning. 

Active response. 
All in. We sink or swim together. 
Dive.
      Fear not the fall
      Let the landing wash over, engulf you
      With the warmth of the shocking
                                             Ice cold       P
                                                          L
                                                     U
                                                 N
                                            G


“Forget Not Your First Love Speak In Tongues And Cheek”

To accept the prescription?
Treat the symptoms?
Or treat the root, healed by law’s fulfillment. 
Prescription’s fulfillment. 
Symptoms point to root. 
I say again: mistake not sign for signified. 

I made the destroyer to destroy. 
Without choice, 
 Freedom is false. 
Will is not free 
without options. 
Life or death? 
You divided yourself. 
                  The Black Lodge 
                           Or 
                   The White Lodge

Cross my 
  Heart
Repent
    Or
Die
Stick a needle in my eye
Soften to Grace,
Jezebel. 
Use 
Unless
Useless

Keep fast grow stronger. 
Cross your heart repent or die needle, pluck out my eye.
Take your inheritance and run Prodigal son, 
Hold fast your hopes
Till slavery calls under guise of salvation. 

The Shepherd:
To prosper or hunger.
Still waters or rip-tide.
Determined by the footsteps you choose as Guide.
Walk through their midst.
You think he can’t hide you.
You are not an accident,
You’ve been put. 
Placed. 
Your gifts are calling for response. 
Obey. 
If, then. 
What goes around comes around. 
ScienceKarma. 
Feeling's truth is fleeting.
The Wise choose wisely
The pleasureful burden 
To know is 
to be one with 
The flesh is speaking. Do you listen? Are you listening? Listener?
Shame and fear flee our 
Infectious reality. 

Satan is not omnipresent.
To Kill, Steal, Destroy
Aren’t omniscient. 
You’re life is a sign. 
Almanac. 
Holy abortion 
Birth not the Tempter
Get better. 

Is it profitable? 
Is it legal?

No comments:

Post a Comment